1. while getting tucked into bed tonight, harper asked for an animal to sleep with. i saw a fluffy, star-shaped yellow bear on the floor and said, "what about star bear?" harper looks at me, dead serious, and says, "his name isn't star bear. it's scorpion." then she laughed like a maniac. what a nutcase.
2. two days ago we were writing her name, and she said, "i don't really like harper anymore. i want a different name." what, pray tell, i asked her, would she like her name to be? "hello kitty."
3. talking to henry: "henry, you don't like mushrooms? they make you throw up? you think they're disgusting? you throw up because they're delicate?"
4. while getting dressed and shaking her leg: "i do this because it makes my leg all strongy and gives me energy."
5. i'll leave you with photographic proof that she can crack up anyone just by making a face:
really ... how does that face NOT make someone smile?
(she turns four next week ... excuse me for the next few days while i get over the shock.)