first of all, ally!! you sneaky thing!!! thank you!
she nominated me for a creative blog award. (sorry, i refuse to spell words "cutesy." that "kreative" isn't gonna happen.) so now i must do my duty and pass the torch to people who inspire ME!
this award works thusly:
1. thank the person who nominated you for this award.
ally - again, thank you! you are so sweet! and for those of you who haven't visited ally's blog, GO! she has the most stunning photos and entertaining stories from her trip to costa rica!
2. copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. link to the blog of the person who nominated you.
4. list seven things about yourself that people might find interesting.
uh ... are there seven things about me i haven't ever mentioned? hmm.
- i think triscuits & cheese are a perfect meal.
- the first thing that attracted me to marc was his butt.
- i ripped off half of my big toenail water skiing when i was in high school.
- i have way more white shirts than a normal person should have; everything from tank tops to t-shirts to blouses to sweaters.
- sweet & sour anything makes me hurl. literally.
- martha stewart is my hero.
- our retirement plan is to chase tornadoes in the spring and summer months. marc will drive and use the ham radio, i'll navigate and take pictures. is that weird?
5. nominate seven, ahem, creative bloggers:
*my dear friend, and favorite photo walkabout partner, sue thomas. she mixes scrappy with photo-y with food-y so, so well!
*another dear friend, katrina simeck. you know her work, you love her work, and she's just as amazing of a person as she is an artist.
*nicole harper, who is such a dear. her stories of allie remind me so much of myself at that age, and her scrappiness is always lovely!
*erin olson, local sweetheart and owner of house of turquoise. my go-to daily eye candy for all things aqua, sea glass, turquoise, robin's egg ...
*teri lyn fisher, who has jaw-droppingly gorgeous photography.
*frederique starmans, whose photography has been inspiring me for years.
*mindi bartell, whose personality and life seem so similar to mine. and she's a crafty genius!
thanks again, ally! you made my day!
now ... for the photos of the day of the week:
henry (middle of pic, orange sweatshirt), on level two of four on the ropes course at mall of america. he made it all the way to the top, some four stories above the ground.
harper's secret hiding place.
i know i've mentioned he's a geek, right?
don't look too closely at my hem job, but the circles are ready to be attached to the valance for harper's room! love embroidering things.
nothing says yum like frosting on graham crackers.
the ice house village on spring lake.
speaking of spring lake ...
marc had a very interesting conversation with the owners of the lot and the bank this morning. without risking jinxing anything, within the next, say, 45 days, this lot ...
and this view ...
could hypothetically belong to a family whose last name rhymes with "dinner."