sort of. not really.
i was talking to a friend (who shall remain anonymous) yesterday about whether her husband should go in for the big V ... she's pretty sure, but wanted to poll some others who declared themselves DONE. then last night (technically, 3 a.m. this morning, because harper woke up, we had a battle about cold medicine, then i started obsessing about our bathroom that probably won't be done by thanksgiving) i was blog surfing and found this quiz on molly's. more baby stuff. so taking a sign from the universe, here are my answers about my first experience on the baby train. feel free to play along on your own blog:
1. Were you married at the time?
2. What was your reaction when you found out you were pregnant?
"uh ... what??"
3. How old were you?
4. How did you find out you were pregnant?
i felt "off," and having been hanging out on a "should i have kids?" message board, i was hyper aware of those "off" symptoms.
5. Whom did you tell first?
6. Did you want to find out the sex?
nope. we didn't care either way.
7. Due date?
feb 29, 2000 ... how cool would a new-millenium leap day baby have been??
8. Did you deliver early or late?
two weeks early
9. Did you have morning sickness?
if throwing up and dealing with hellacious heartburn all day long for four months = morning sickness, then yes. (little did i know, his sister would be even less fun to carry.)
10. What did you crave?
egg mcmuffins and blueberry waffles
11. Who irritated you the most?
i don't recall being irritated. then again, i don't recall much from about a 14 month period surrounding pregnancy and the first eight months of henry's life.
12. What was your first child's sex?
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy?
19 through week 35, then 23 unexplained pounds of water retention in weeks 36-37.5, at which point i popped out the kid
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
nothing serious, but the last two weeks had my doc perplexed and concerned
15. Where did you give birth?
fairview southdale, edina, minn.
16. How many hours were you in labor?
17. Who drove you to the hospital?
19. Was it natural or c-section?
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain?
not until hour 17, when i realized that hours of hard labor got me to two whole freakin' centimeters. the nurse recommended an epi so i could relax, then i had to get a shot of nubain while waiting for the epidural to arrive. (again, i had no idea at the time that this would be my "easy" labor experience.)
21. How much did your child weigh?
8 lbs 14 oz
22. Did your child have any complications?
no. he was 9 and 9 on the apgars and cute as can be! though nursing turned out to be a no-go.
23. What did you name him/her?
henry edward ... a name fit for a king!
24. How old is your first born today?
25. Whom does your child look like?
me and marc's brother, oddly enough.